Saturday, January 10, 2009

Because I'm Too Tired To Finish My Sentences

Who knew
when I said "here is the deepest secret nobody knows"
you would take it literally
and I didn't understand the tribute was
a eulogy,
essentially:
a tunnel of devourment
with no clear ending light?


The silent shade of a cave
More than the collective gasp
of twenty in a room -
who would want me, anyway?


Insanity pooled in scummy prisms,
dark corners of a mind
balled tight
Fists cocked but never swinging,
rusted softly into place.


They peeled the film off my brain,
but the cheshire cat smile still remains,
And the madness steams from my scalp like air.


Squint a little, lad, and you'll see,
a hollow where my guts should be,
Don't you know anyhow?


I'm just not all there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home