Friday, April 17, 2009

Related

Midnight and I come bouncing in from a long day of work, mexican food and random youtube watching. My youngest brother, HW, is already at the door, both he and the dog nosing around in the hope that I brought them a treat. I give the lamb bones to my dog and turn to my brother excitedly. "I have something to show you on youtube."

"Me too," he says with a childlike anticipation. "You know Sanjeev Bhaskar?"

"Are you kidding?" I turn my incredulous gaze on him. "I was just watching his interview on Parkinson today!"

"Oh my god, that's what I wanted to show you. The one where he talks about the guinea pig?"

"Yes!" I stare at him in mock horror. "Anyway, I wanted to show you this other video of John Cleese."

"On Parkinson?" He stares back at me in surprise. "The one where he talks about Fawlty Towers and how the Ministry of Silly Walks didn't take off at first -"

" - And he's performing on stage and turns to the audience for the next line - " I interrupt fervidly.

" - And 40 of them shout it back at him - ," HW says over me.

" - And he says, what's the point?!" I finish his sentence and we look at each other. I am well and truly floored. "I can't believe we watched the exact same videos on the exact same day, of all the things on youtube."

There's a moment of silence marked by Chip crunching and lipping the bone, then HW muses, "Oh my god. It's like we're two people with one brain."

I sigh and drop my bag on the dining table. "Tell me about it."

Honestly, if we weren't two such cool people, it would be kind of creepy.

As it is though, it's a lot of fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home