Saturday, March 07, 2009

Saikang Samurai


So I'm going to Japan next week. I know, right, I'm just as surprised as you are.


I mean, I've been wanting to visit Japan forever, but I hear it's phenomenally expensive. Who knew this would fall right into my lap? There I was, minding my own business, when my boss came smiling sweetly over to my table and asked me if I would like to visit a Japanese Hot Spring.


My first thought was: "With you?" I must have had some semblance of confusion and horror on my face because she quickly handed me an itinerary, told me it would be a junket for me and that I'd be expected to hand in a travel piece.


When it finally sunk in that I was meant to go alone as part of one of these "promote Japan!" initiatives, I couldn't reply in the affirmative fast enough. Admittedly, I would love to go to Tokyo as well, but I'll totally take this. Allllll I can think of is all the over-packaged, cutesy things I'm going to buy that say Engrish things like "happy day is your chocorate icing!".


Also on the itinerary, an event called: "Exchange opinion". Why, don't mind if I do!


The moment I told my colleagues I was headed to the land of the rising sun, Dee couldn't stop regaling me with her fantasies of nudity (mine) in the hot spring with some poor (equally nude) CEO who gingerly talked to me about the prefecture as we tried to hide our (nude!) pasty bodies from each other underneath the water.


And The D gleefully dug up a series of pictures that all looked like this:



Now that I've gotten over the fact that I'm going to be nude in the snow, I've started worrying about things like thermal underwear and boots. Also, the question arises, what happens if one is unluckily afflicted with the crimson tide (nude! nude! nude!) at said spring? And is it socially acceptable for one's mammary papilla to erect themselves in the (nuuuuuuuuude!) run from the snow to the hot tub?


Mainly though, these little reprieves coming in the time of constantly having to chase depression, suicide and murder, remind me that I really am one fucking lucky girl.


Make that one naked, fucking lucky girl.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha! No pun intended on the last line, eh?

OMG! I so envy you! The being sent to Japan part, not so much the naked part.

So does this mean our little girl is moving on up in the journo world?

(Brought to you by the word distake...which oddly enough sounds quite Japanese and at the same time, like a spelling mistake)

5:56 pm  
Blogger Girl said...

Hey! At least I'm not "pregg"! Hahahaha it doesn't mean I'm moving up, unfortunately, I think everyone gets a chance to do one of these now and then. I'm just VERY lucky it was Japan... I shall bring you back something suitably oriental if I have shopping time.

HENTAI!

5:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should brush up on your Japanese!

Here's one for you in case you meet someone, "Nanika iru". The trick is to be seductive.

Or if you need to swear, "Nante koto da!"

BONZAI!

11:14 pm  
Blogger Yi said...

You lucky woman!!! AHHHHHHHHH! *envious* Bring back LOADS of pictures ok! (with HOT guys) Miss you loads babe =)

8:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home