Saturday, April 22, 2006

Flaming Pie

“Well, personally, he’s the alphabet to me. He’s like a language, you know what I mean? He’s the reason why I put a foot forward than put a foot back, he’s the reason why I take a left than take a right.”

--- Liam Gallagher on John Lennon.

Well, c
ouldn’t have put it better meself. How is there any other way to describe a man whom to me, moves human emotion so elementally with just his hands, his voice and his eyes? Even 25 years on, the norwegian wood burns with an immutable brilliance.

M and I were discussing the various merits and detriments of laptops on the market today and began to express them in analogies to cars. I posit that the IBM is the Volvo of laptops, sturdy, boring and ugly as hell (of course, I take this back now that M has an IBM, they are not ugly as hell, only ugly as heck). And that a Mac is like the Volkswagen Beetle, really cute and everybody wants it, although no one is really sure why! And finally, the Toshiba is like the good old SBS bus… it’ll get you where you want to go eventually, but not without breaking down a few times along the way.


Okay, so I don’t really mean it about the IBM… they have gotten a lot sleeker along the way. All they have to do is work on their aesthetics, and you’ve got a shore winner! I still maintain my stand on the Volvo however…

============

And finally, it’s been a great pleasure and privilege to spend the evening chatting with the Fongster who looks wonderful and is, really, to all intents and purposes, the happiest girl in the world. It helps that she now has a veritable prince in her corner, and I’m really happy for her!

It’s going to be wonderful to have her home once more so that we can get up to our usual mischief all around school.

You have been warned.



Reading: Social Cognition: Making Sense of People
Number of Days till the Firing Squad: 2
Number of Volvo Officials who are going to be really unhappy if they stumble on this site: 13

2 Comments:

Blogger Yi said...

ahaha! it's ok everyone else should be warned because we will take over the whole of NUS! Watch out everyone!!!

10:14 pm  
Blogger Girl said...

We will! Me with my squeaky shoes and you with your... erm... (what do you have??)

11:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home