Saturday, August 16, 2008

Zoom In And Hold Tight

It's been nearly a month since Sydney, but sometimes, my mind still creeps there.

This trip, moments I remember come in the form of extreme close-ups in the midst of the tumult of the whole. Fleeting little pieces of movement and stillness etched in black and white inside my head. Through the throngs of World Youth Day people and the chaos on trains and of getting lost, my mind muted and numbed itself, accepting only tiny scraps like butterfly wings brushing up against the cortex.

The look in Sera's eyes when she saw my present to her.

Becky and I giggling quietly in bed with the clean, cold sheets pulled right up to our chins.
The slow sensation of rain drawling down my scalp, first cold then turning warm at the base of my neck.

Mint tea making my eyes prickle.

Tiny puffs of smoke, slowly curling out into wreaths as we breathed the cutting air.

My back muscles clenching taut like fists everytime I heard the first few rolling bars of Naked As We Came.

The smell of the grass and bark as the three of us sprawled on the dazzling silver picnic sheet in the freezing sunlight.

I took barely any pictures. Everything I want is with me all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home