Friday, July 28, 2006

The End of the Affair

There are so many things I am going to miss about this job. I only have time to list a few of them. But for the record, I will always think back on this experience fondly.


The moments when Marcus forgets he is a supervisor and talks and jokes with me like a regular dude. Comparing clothes with Hilmy everyday to see how un-colour-coordinated we are. Running madly around the office to look for a box that I can cut a slit in for the “top-secret survey container”.


Talking about sex for half an hour with Raz and Aileen while everybody sitting around us chips in with risque comments. Laughing with Geraldine so hard that we can’t breathe and I’m starting to cry. Turning around and kneeling on my chair to chat with Yu-Jin. Giggling over lunch with Reggie, Reb, Ding and Dass. Nancy shouting my name across the room and making me jump. Frantically pounding out papers at Jun Lin’s elbow.

Running out at eleven-thirty to talk to M in the watery gold of the late morning.


At the end of the day, it’s been great. And I don’t know how to thank you except to say that this has been a chance that I am deeply thankful for.

I’ve learnt so much.

But somehow, right now, the only memories I have are of the people who taught me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home