Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Love These Goon Shows!






It’s been 4 days thus far, but I still can’t get over the trip I just got back from, the last and most surreal of the island hopping trips that I’ve indulged in thus far. It all started with the comments in the sidebar of this here website, when we joked about just leaving our little universes to “smoke the days away into the evening” for a small slice of time. I never actually dreamed that the joke would materialise into a full-fledged series of madcap planning and emails flying across (and sometimes missing) continents.

So we actually made it to the Gold Coast in one piece – a major feat considering that we came from three separate locations and each have about half a brain. The smoking bit never actually materialised but what did follow was four days of lazing about in bed, jumping around on a huge inflatable mattress, falling over each other in Warner Bros. Movie World and living it up in Hard Rock Café. In between, we managed to find time for tennis, learning self-defence and standing on a frigid Surfer’s Paradise beach in the dead of night.
We flew on rollercoasters (them physically, me in spirit), rode through Looney Tunes land in a little boat and screamed our way through Scooby Doo’s haunted house. Ya know, Scooby Doo may seem all cute and fuzzy in the cartoons but when you’re sitting in a haunted car, looking at a Scooby Doo statue with glowing red eyes just before you plummet backwards off a fifty foot cliff, he’s not so sweet, okay? We bowled in a neon alley at the only place that was open till midnight on a Friday and actually did very slumber party-ish thing of practising hairstyles on each other. For the record, my bun ponytail is quite good, my chignon absolutely sucks balls.
Despite all this, the sweetest moment for me was the night we lay, three-in-a-bed, talking quietly about all and all that lay between. The covers were pulled right up to my chin and every now and then my foot accidentally grazed Sera’s. We must have lain there for four hours. Just chatting and giggling like we used to when we were young and didn’t know and better. I couldn’t believe that it was nearly eight years since we had been that near, seeing each other everyday and spending the whole of recess holed up in stairwells together.
That we had moved in many different directions, but had managed to make the time and effort to come together, just to lie in a bed and talk to each other spoke volumes about our friendship. It’s such a cliched thing to say, but no matter how big the world may be, there are people in it who make it feel like all the seas close up and you meet everyday.
Maybe next year’s reunion will be a much more crazy one, maybe we’ll do something much more exotic and maybe I’ll actually keep my eyes open all the way through Scooby Doo’s goddamn Spooky Coaster. But for now, I’m fully content with the opportunity just to be the way we were, just lying on that bed and touching souls.

And now! For something completely different! They say a picture says a thousand words; well, nothing really says a thousand (profane) words like a collection of ASSES! Please, enjoy the sASSy TAIL of this post, BUTT don’t ASSK me why I did it!








The unbelievable Flash Gordon (you might want to consider implants, guys).





Wonder Woman's best ASSets.





Cat woman was also pretty damn bodacious.



Daphne from Scooby Doo.




Some weirdo known as the Green Hornet or something. Goddamnit, I don't even remember his name, and while the comic book character is black, this dude is actually white. HELLO?! Authenticity?



And of course, the anatomical perfection of:



Curly




Moe

And Larry

What can I say? I'm an ass girl!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah well, we're getting a king bed next time just for our little starfish in the middle...And maybe, just maybe I won't fall off next time!

And what is it with us and airports?? I still don't get it. Someday we shall be enlightened.

12:46 am  
Blogger Uryale said...

Yes.. A king bed would be better! So you guys wouldn't abandon me on the last night!! I woke up wondering where you two were!

Funny though.. usually I curl up in a ball when I'm sleeping.. hehehe.

8:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*rolls eyes* curls up into a ball...yeah riiight! Don't bluff...you're a closet starfisher and we have first hand experience that you are no curling-ball in bed.

1:13 am  
Blogger Girl said...

AHAHAHAH! Beck your last comment was so risque! :P I'm all for getting a larger bed.. and even then, I'm bringing a sleeping bag or something, just in case Miss Sera decides to fling herself out with abandon in the middle of the night!

11:38 pm  
Blogger Uryale said...

Beckie!! What a thing to say!! Ahahaha! It had such innuendo to it! :P
I'm sorry Shu.. but you are going to sleep with me.. I need two bed partners! Come hell, high water or puke or other embarrassing incidents :P

9:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home