Sunday, November 19, 2006

When Pigs Fly

If someone told me that a few days back I’d be sitting in the fifth row of an auditorium, listening to the President of the United States of a America give a godawful speech about the “addiction from oil” and “nukular weapons” in North Korea, I would have told them to go roast a monkey’s nuts. Especially since I spent months in DC walking past the White House every other day in the vain hope of spotting the “Texas Ranger” only to find that he had lassoed a plane to Singapore just the other night.

If that’s not irony I don’t know what is.

Oh well, at least it was an enjoyable evening. I got see Stas in a cute dress, hang out with Fongster, eat really good cream puffs with Chand and Shah and catch up with so many other people that nobody really cared about the bullshit (or should I say Bushit) that was going on on stage.

In fact, we really should do it again, sans the keynote speech.

Lunchtime Monday, anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home