Monday, September 18, 2006

This Just In

Besieged by the midnight munchies, I cut up a small mango which I was eating with chilli powder and salt when Chip came nosing around for some food. I fed him a couple of plain mango slices and then he got really noisy and greedy, whining in that small dog- suppressed way where his mouth is closed and a high-pitched, reedy sound issues from the sides of it.

I wanted to shut him up, but wasn’t sure how till I hit upon the idea of dipping a mango in my chilli-salt mixture and feeding it to him. Well, the silly dolt didn’t bother to smell it, but put it in his mouth whole.

As soon as the chilli touched his tongue, he spat it out like a T-Rex expectorates bones and stood in the greatest puzzlement, staring at the reddened mango and licking his stinging mouth. Then he emitted an angry, long-suffering huff, dipped his nose in his water bowl and scoffed his way back to his cushion looking for all the world like a spurned lover who was pretending not to care.

And then, all whines stopped together.


AHAHAHAHAHA! Damn, I love that mutt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home