Sunday, September 17, 2006

Meet Swubby-Sundae



Ladies and gentlemen!

I proudly present to you the newest acquisition in my menagerie: Swubby- Sundae.



Swubby is a pedigree short-horn who was previously bred for competition but who jumped the fence as soon as he got the chance, and showed up on M’s doorstep one rainy night. Because I am the only living person who can simultaneously keep crazy animals and ensure that they stay with me, M handed him over for temporary custody until we find him a better home.

He was named because he looks like a Swubby and his body is black on top and white on the bottom, just like a good ice-cream sundae should be (unless you’re Jerry Seinfeld, of course).

Just because I’ve named Swubby and give him a place to sleep, don’t fall into the trap of assuming that he’s actually dependent on me in anyway. Oh no. Swubby is one of the most independent, mischievous amd irreverent… erm… cows you will ever meet.

In fact, I only recently discovered his wanderings and compiled them into a series of candid shots, taken when I followed him over the course of one week. As my little contribution to the Singapore Biennale, I present:


~~The Swubby-Sundae Photo Essay~~

Swubby-Sundae starts his day by waking up from sleep. Although he is supposed to sleep in my bed, he has recently been caught sharing a cushion with Chip. I am not sure what this means, but I am prepared for the worst news and will always love him regardless of his orientation.




He then heads to work to type out several work documents…

Align Center
Read meeting minutes recorded by his subordinates


And of course, indulge in a little light flirtation with the office babes, who seem to like him very much though I have no idea why.



Swubby- Sundae, as I recently found out, is quite the prodigee when it comes to music. His tastes are electic and original, and while not rocking out with other virtuosos…



He is improving his drumming skills

And checking out the latest tunes on my brother’s – I mean, his iPod.

Of course, his interests are far more varied than that; I bring up all my pets to be intelligent and all-rounded. So he also engages in a little physical activity to flex his muscles. He seems to like tennis and boxing but his real passion appears to be arm-wrestling innocent passers-by.



He finally rounds off the day by playing a few games to exercise his intellect...



… which he often wins


The thing that amazes me most about Monsieur Sundae, however, is that everytime I arrive home, regardless of how many exploits he has engaged in for the day, he is right where I left him, quiet, well-behaved but always with a little twinkle in his eye.



The End!


Photos taken by:

Girl

Models:

Hans
Han
Miss Geraldine
Fujitsu Lifebook
Chip

Thanks to:

The Swubby-Sundae Estate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home