Saturday, October 18, 2008

And!

Believe it or not, I wrote a song. This morning as I stood, bleary-eyed in the shower, a tune found its way into my brain and has been repeating itself in a mobius strip ever since. It centres on a modern day romance which actually happened in two lovers' past lives as the fairytale, Sleeping Beauty. They suddenly both remember it and it confirms how meant to be they are.

I have no idea if it works or if it'll be any good, but tell me about the lyrics if you've got anything to say.

At eight in the morning the sun made it in,
Streaming like ribbons through the window,
It touched on the faces of the slowly greying kin,
They came alive, and woke...

And the princess with braids on the four poster bed,
Felt a lover's hand upon her shoulder,
He felt for her lips he lowered his head,
She raised her eyes, and spoke

* Finally,
You came for me,
I was asleep while the garden overgrew with weeds
But you fought your way through statues and the fossil trees
And woke me with a kiss

They sit holding hands and watching the sea,
Car headlights play catch in the darkness,
She says you may not recall, but that princess was me,
He turns to her and speaks

* Can't you see,
All along it's been me,
I scaled the thorny hedges so you'd set me free,
You had to know somewhere in your deepest dreams,
I'd wake you with a kiss.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yi said...

totally beautiful babe! what's the tune to it? Sing it to me sometime! I should skype you =D

11:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home